Affordable Housing Clients
Offering rental units at below market rates, Affordable Housing is a great low-cost option for the general public. The apartment complexes in our Affordable Housing portfolio are owned by the St. Petersburg Housing Authority (SPHA) or our non-profit arm, RISE Development Corporation, with no reliance on federal funding. Residents do not receive housing subsidies, but rents are affordably priced, and applicants are subject to income restrictions.
If you live in one of SPHA’s Affordable Housing properties, you can find answers to your questions here.
- What is the Affordable Housing Program?
- SPHA’s Affordable Housing program operates without any federal funding and offers no rental subsidies. In this housing program, the developments are owned by SPHA or our non-profit arm, RISE Development Corporation. While residents do not receive housing subsidies, rents are affordably priced and applicants are subject to income restrictions. SPHA’s Affordable Housing program is a great low-cost option for individuals and families looking for reasonable rents at well-kept properties.
Rent is due on the first of each month. If your rent payment is not received by the fifth of the month, a late fee will be added to the resident’s account. SPHA offers many convenient ways to pay rent:
- Rent payments can be made in person at the Property Management Office at Disston Place Apartments, 3940 55th Street North, St. Petersburg, Florida
- Residents can choose to complete an automatic withdrawal authorization at the Property Management Office to have their rent deducted from a bank account or charged to a credit card every month.
- Residents may also mail payments to the St. Petersburg Housing Authority, P.O. Box 22949, St. Petersburg, FL 33742. Payments must be received by the 5th of the month to avoid late fees.