Kid's Art Contest - $100 Prize!
ST. PETERSBURG, FL - The St. Petersburg Housing Authority (SPHA) recently earned the designation of "High Performer", HUD's highest possible rating, for its two major housing programs. To celebrate, we invite our young residents to share their creativity!
THEME: What Home Means to Me
INSTRUCTIONS: Create a piece of art or drawing about what home means to you, as well as a short paragraph explaining your artwork.
Entries are due to SPHA by Monday, November 6, 2023.
This contest is open to all SPHA assisted residents ages 6-16.
WINNERS: 12 winners will receive $100 and their artwork will be made into a calendar!
HOW TO SUBMIT: Email your artwork or a photo of your artwork, as well as a short paragraph (100 words or less) explaining your artwork, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or drop your submission off at the SPHA Main Office (2001 Gandy Blvd. North, St. Petersburg, FL 33702).
1. How to Enter: Create a piece of art or drawing about what home means to you. Email your artwork or a photo of your artwork, as well as a short paragraph (100 words or less) explaining your artwork, to email@example.com. Or drop your submission off at the St. Petersburg Housing Authority (SPHA) Main Office (2001 Gandy Blvd. North, St. Petersburg, FL 33702).
• Theme - "What Home Means to Me"
• Size - All artwork must be at least 8 1/2" x 11" to be considered.
• Media - Contestant may use any of the following art media: marker, crayon, paint, or color pencil.
• All winners must sign a photo release waiver giving SPHA permission to use their picture for online and print publication.
• All contestants are asked to provide a short narrative on the inspiration, vision, and importance of their artwork.
• Contestant's name and contact information must be written on the back of the artwork.
• SPHA is not responsible for returning artwork.
• Winners will be selected based on how well the artwork uses the "What Home Means to Me" theme.
• Emailed photos of the artwork should be in .jpg or .png format.
2. Eligibility: This contest is open to all SPHA assisted residents ages 6-16.
3. Contest Period: The contest begins at 12:00 a.m. on September 1, 2023 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on November 6, 2023.
4. Winners: 12 winners will receive $100 and their artwork will be made into a calendar!
If the advertised prize cannot be awarded for any reason, SPHA reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local income taxes on the prizes and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Arrangements for delivery of prize will be made after winner validation.
5. General Rules: All applicable federal, state and local laws apply. All potential winners (and/or their parent/legal guardian if a Minor) will each be contacted by email or telephone at SPHA's discretion. The return of any notification as undeliverable, or failure to respond to notices or return any required documents in a timely manner, or a determination that a potential winner is ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, as determined by SPHA, may result in disqualification of the winner and forfeiture of the corresponding prize. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and decisions made by SPHA, which shall be final in all matters relating to the Contest.
Contest Parties are not responsible for: (i) electronic or digital transmissions or entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, or misdirected; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation of transmission, communication failures (including but not limited to failures or malfunctions of phone lines, telephone systems or other communications systems), destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions; (iv) damage to entrants' or any person's computer; (v) causes beyond Contest Parties' reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest; (vi) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (vii) any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising related to the Contest, in the administration or execution of the Contest, or in the announcement/notification of prize winners; or (viii) cheating or fraud by any participant. All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified.
If for any reason this Contest cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to infection by virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of SPHA that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, or if this Contest is compromised or becomes corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, SPHA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate this Contest. SPHA reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify and prosecute any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process.
Submissions will not be returned or acknowledged. Proof of submission is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt of such entry. SPHA shall have no liability for any submission that is lost, intercepted, or not received by SPHA for any reason.
Any submission that is considered by SPHA at its sole and absolute discretion to be objectionable, in whole or in part, will be disqualified and will not be eligible for entry.
By entering, parents grant permission for their children's artwork, name, and photo to be put online or printed.
We only allow one entry per person. All entries must be the entrant's original work.
This contest is void where prohibited.
6. Release & Waiver: By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Contest Parties from and against any and all liability, loss, injuries or damages associated with participation in this Contest or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize received in this Contest. By participating in this Contest, entrants waive all rights to claim punitive, indirect, incidental and consequential damages, attorneys' fees or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to participate.
7. Disputes/Venue/Governing Law: By participating, entrants agree that (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Contest or any prize awarded (if applicable) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including but not limited to costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) to the extent allowed by applicable law, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials or notifications and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
8. Publicity: Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for SPHA to use winners' names and likenesses for purposes of advertising and publicity in all media worldwide without further compensation or notice, unless prohibited by law.
By participating in the contest, each entrant grants SPHA the right to use such entrant's name, photo, biographical information, and publication of artwork in all media, as well as on the website or future contests. By participating in the contest, each entrant also grants SPHA the right to use entrant's name, address, and email address to contact entrant, and entrant's guardian regarding the contest.