Transportation Coordinator/Clerical Assistant
Position: Transportation Coordinator/Clerical Assistant
Effective: October 22, 2021
Classification: Full-Time (Durational)
Department: Social Services/HCV
Closing Date: Open until filled
This is a support position that operates SPHA-assigned vehicle(s) to transport public housing residents or materials to and from assigned locations in a safe and equitable manner. In addition, this position provides varied administrative support functions. Duties may include, but are not limited to, document preparation, record management functions, mail processing, copying, assisting with switchboard and receptionist duties, assisting walk-in clients, record keeping, scheduling, report generation, and other general administrative duties. The position description complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
The statements contained here reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but is not an inclusive listing of work functions or requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
- Transport assigned residents (adults and children) to and from assigned locations. Assist residents on and off the van, as required.
- Responsible for using sound judgement in making vehicles accessible for service and in reporting any observed or potential problems.
- Perform vehicle inspection, keeping vehicle free of debris, and cleaning vehicle (inside and out) on weekly basis. Report all service needs and damage.
- Observe and attend to children and adults in the centers, on the van and during field trips.
- Make sure all current and required documents are located inside the van(s).
- Report all issues to the supervisor relating to vehicle maintenance, tenants and transport.
- Assist with modifying the fleet procedures, as needed.
- Assist with van scheduling, as needed.
- Assist in various duties in the Housing Choice Voucher Department as necessary.
- Maintain department files.
- Scan, archive and retrieve department documents and records.
- Perform switchboard and reception work as assigned.
- Perform any other related and appropriate duties and support of strategic goals, as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Business correspondence creation using proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc.
- General business principles and office support practices.
- Current technology and computer hardware
- Operating a 15 passenger van
- Typing 30 wpm with accuracy
- Presentation and business correspondence preparation.
- Organization and multi-tasking
- Judgement and decision making
- Problem analysis and resolution
- Oral and written communication
- Time and workload management
- Be courteous, dependable and patient, relating well to low-income individuals.
- Sit at a desk / conference table and enter information on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Frequently move about the office and access stored files and records.
- Travel between office sites and meetings as necessary.
- Operate motor vehicle in order to visit agency sites and properties as well as other location as assigned.
- Function as a role model for children and elderly residents.
- Possess effective communication skills.
The physical demands described here are requirements for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: stand, sit, walk, use hands to feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to: climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The level of manual dexterity should be sufficient to allow for operation of a scanner, terminal keyboard, telephone, facsimile machine, office supplies, etc. Employee must be able to move, handle or lift moderately heavy objects such as computer equipment (printer, monitor, CPUs, etc.) around desk area.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Proof of vaccination required.
Minimum Education, Training and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Some training or certification with driving skills.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in a professional driving capacity (preferred), with a clean driving record.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in administrative support and/or office management.
- Computer proficiency in Windows operating system and MS Office software including Word and Excel. Able to operate Internet applications and email as well as external vendors' and proprietary software programs.
- Possession of a valid Florida driver license and safe driving record for those required to drive or allowed to drive on behalf of SPHA.
- Good driving record.
- Must complete a defensive driving class within six (6) months of employment.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years old and have a minimum of five (5) years of licensed driving experience.
- Must be CPR and First Aid certified, or obtained within six (6) months of employment.
Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
Internal Applicants: Complete and sign an Internal Position Interest Form prior to the closing date.
External Applicants: Please download SPHA's Employment Application, complete it and email or mail to:
St. Petersburg Housing Authority
Attention: Human Resources
2001 Gandy Blvd. North
St. Petersburg, FL 33702
Note: Employees have a promotional preference and transfer consideration over other applicants.
Note: Applicants must possess all required qualifications of the position to receive an interview. The applicant must also be able to pass a 10-Panel Drug Screen prior to hiring.
St. Petersburg Housing Authority is a Drug-Free Work Place