Position: Construction Inspector
Date of Notice: March 23, 2021
Classification: Full-Time Exempt (Durational)
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Closing Date: Open until filled
Performs a variety of functions relative to projects within Real Estate Development and Capital Improvement Services. Plans, coordinates, estimates costs and oversees all capital improvements for SPHA, working directly with contractors and vendors to ensure deliverables fall within SPHA's project scopes and budgets. Assists in facility maintenance management and acts as a liaison for construction/educational work programs. Performs data gathering and provides and maintains documents of construction methods and activities.
All activities must support SPHA's mission, vision and values.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management from an accredited college or university is preferred. Equivalent combination of experience, education and training may substitute for degree.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in managing constructions projects, architectural drafting/design or building construction.
- Computer proficiency in Windows operating system and MS Office software involving Word & Excel. Able to operate internet applications and email, as well as external vendors' and proprietary software programs.
- Computer proficiency in CAD software
- Possession of a valid Driver's License.
Internal Applicants: Complete and sign an Internal Position Interest Form prior to the closing date.
External Applicants: Please download SPHA's Employment Application, complete it and email or mail to:
St. Petersburg Housing Authority
Attention: Human Resources
2001 Gandy Blvd. North
St. Petersburg, FL 33702
Note: Employees have a promotional preference and transfer consideration over other applicants.
Note: Applicants must possess all required qualifications of the position to receive an interview. The applicant must also be able to pass a 10-Panel Drug Screen prior to hiring.
St. Petersburg Housing Authority is a Drug-Free Work Place